Monday 11 January 2010

Chipz Da General Interview

Got an Interview here with New York rapper 'Chipz Da General'. Chipz gives me an insight into whats going on for him in the music game and wats coming up.

FRANKO FRAIZE
Supporting real Hip-Hop!

http://www.frankofraize.blogspot.com/

Thank you for taking your time out to do this exclusive interview.

What’s your name and where you from?


Chipz Da General and I’m From The Bronx, N.Y

What releases have you had out to date?

I have put out 4 projects. Leader Of The New Skool Vol. 1, The Son Of Hip Hip-The Resurrection, Salute The General Vol. 1 Hosted By DJ Bedtyme357, and Recession Proof The Street Album.

What’s your favourite part of being a rapper/MC?

Doing shows and creating the music. I love it!

What do you think you bring to the table as an MC?

Hip Hop back to the essence. What the games been lacking. I’m bringing my story.

If you was not involved in music what do you think you would be doing?

Honestly dead or in jail! Music was my escape route. I needed something else to focus on other than the streets. I was glad I was able to make that transition before it was to late. I needed to better my life and wanted to do it a legal way. I gave up on my hoop dreams. I’m just happy music saved my life.

Let’s talk about your current project. When’s it out? Can you tell who is involved?

I’m working on various projects at the moment. The Leak mixtape Hosted by DJ E Double drops during the Christmas holidays. Salute The General Vol. 2 Hosted By DJ Ames Drops after the new year settles. A untitled mixtape Hosted By DJ Jus And “From The Block To The Radio” My debut album/film dropping in the 1st quarter of 2010. Expect great collab’s and excellent production on every project!

So what type of music do you listen to mostly?

Hip Hop and R&B. I do a little jazz and a little rock here and there.

Where would you like to see yourself 5 years from now?

I definitely would love to see myself on top of the Forbes list.

What have you been most proud of in your career so far?

Everything I have done to get me here today!

If you could pick one producer to work with in the world who would it be and why?

If I had to pick any producer outside the “M.U.P Production Squad” I would have to go with The Neptunes or a Dr. Dre beat..

What’s your opinion on the current state of the charts?

I guess I’m ok with it for now. There are artist still out selling. Now it’s my turn to add my name to the charts!

How do you view Hip-Hop right about now?

I feel like it needs a new boss. It needs some fresh blood put in to it. It’s alright for now but come 2010. Change has come.

Would you like to see yourself in the top ten?

Who wouldn’t? I believe I belong there though!

What is your opinion on the current UK music scene?

I love it. I love the over sea’s market! They appreciate the music much more!

What’s next for you as an artist?

The Leak Hosted By DJ E Double, Salute The General Vol. 2 Hosted by DJ Ames. And a Untitled Mixtape Hosted By DJ Jus followed by “From The Block To The Radio” my debut album/movie. Then we got other M.U.P artist projects dropping! It’s so many things coming out of this M.U.P Camp!

Okay before you go please tell us how we can get your music and how people can get in touch with you.

ITunes, Amazon, and Etc other internet outlets.

For Booking, Hosting, and Features Contact: Mupmusicgroup@gmail.com

www.TheRealChipz.Blogspot.com
www.Reverbnation.com/ChipzDaGeneral
www.Myspace.com/ChipzDaGeneral
www.Facebook.com/chipzmusicblast
www.Twitter.com/ChipzDaGeneral
www.Myspace.com/Mupmusicgroup
www.Tha-Movement.Ning.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment