Monday 7 December 2009

Interview - TrapSTAR


For the first of my interviews I hooked up with US Rapper TrapSTAR. He told us about his views on the UK Scene, his thoughts on success and what he brings to the table......


FRANKO FRAIZE
Supporting real Hip-Hop!
http://www.frankofraize.blogspot.com/

TrapSTAR



Thank you for taking your time out to do this exclusive interview.

What’s your name and where you from?

TrapSTAR & I’m from Greenville, SC

What releases have you had out to date?

So far this year I’ve dropped In Tune Wit My Star Player with DJ Dyce & DJ Cannon Banyon hosted by Charlamagne the God. It has over 5,000 downloads and still counting.

What’s your favourite part of being a rapper/MC?

My favorite part I think is the creative process. Being able to go into the studio and make hot songs. Because in the studio is just you and that mic. So its like your safe haven away from the social networking and all that.


What do you think you bring to the table as an MC?

What I bring to the game is the South Carolina untold story. It seems like everyone has a cousin, aunt or somebody they are related to in SC. But I bring some energy to the game with my versatility and ability to cover a variety of subjects based on experience.

If you was not involved in music what do you think you would be doing?

If I wasn’t in music I’d probably be deeper in the streets. Music has been a balancer in life for me. And just growing up a little bit makes me a lot more involved with my career now.

Let’s talk about your current project. When’s it out? Can you tell who is involved?

The current project is called “WORK FOR HIRE” and its with DJ Chuck T. This CD is a street album because we went with all original production. The bulk of that was handled by DJAY CAS my producer. Stupid Dope Moves is the label and we’re just going to make this big as we possibly can for the state of South Carolina.
It will be out on December 29, 2009 so stay posted on www.djchuckt.com and my blog www.extragrindtrapstar.blogspot.com for more information. If you are a fan of hot lyrics over tight production then this is what you been waiting for.


So what type of music do you listen to mostly?

Honestly I listen to all the old classics...2Pac, Dre, Snoop, NWA, BIG, Jay, T.I., Wayne when he rappin out his mind minus all the singing.



Where would you like to see yourself 5 years from now?

5 years from now I honestly see myself handling the careers of other artists as well as my own because I know how difficult it is to get on. So I wanna be the guy who can help save hot talent the years of getting the runaround. I see myself as a powerful artist in the industry in 5 years as well earning the respect of those I looked up to for so many years. And the best part of it all is I’ll still be humble along the way.

What have you been most proud of in your career so far?


I’m proud of hooking up with Stupid Dope Moves and collaborating with Paul Wall on the single “SC 2 TX” which has over 18,000 downloads and has been receiving radio & club play all over South Carolina.

If you could pick one producer to work with in the world who would it be and why?


DJAY CAS, because we’ve created a sound that I think will introduce the music industry to South Carolina. No disrespect to any other producers but I’m from the streets and I learned the loyalty lesson early in life.

What’s your opinion on the current state of the charts?

At this point I think everyone is still just getting the grasp and data they need to get a understanding of the digital market. I think you’ll record a song then the label will mix it and have it available for download a day or two later that’s where I see it going. But now its very easy to put your songs in the same online marketplace as your competitors as a Indie. Thats the beauty of the new age digital game.

How do you view Hip-Hop right about now?

I still think the wrong people are in power still and thats why things have travelled downhill. Time for some new blood in the offices a lot of the top dawgs are getting old and they aren’t hip enough to think for todays market.

Would you like to see yourself in the top ten?

I’m going to see myself in the top ten because I’m going to work like I’m already there.

What is your opinion on the current UK music scene?

I like the fact that its wide open and they just don’t follow whats mainstream. Thats why I’m glad these interview opportunity’s were placed in front of me. This exposes me to the diehard fans overseas.


What’s next for you as an artist?

I think just establishing myself as someone who can come in and compete, WIN, and stay in the game for the long haul and go on to make that Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Master P money.


Okay before you go please tell us how we can get your music and how people can get in touch with you.

First off again thanks for this opportunity to do this interview. You can talk to me directly on Twitter @TrapSTAR1. You can also catch me on My Space (www.myspace.com/trapstar25) My personal blog www.extragrindtrapstar.blogspot.com and any other needs my manager Jah for We Got This ENT wegotthisent@yahoo.com GOD bless everybody...shout out to my group Dem ExtraGrind Boiz (Vino, CP, DuffleBag Bruce & Big Money)

No comments:

Post a Comment